AT for Education provides Assistive Technology & Accessibility Services for Students & Adults to access Education and Employment. AT for Education provides: Assistive Technology & Accessibility
- Assessments (AT & AAC)
- Trials of Various Assistive Technology Solutions
- Assessment/ Training for Individuals (Adults and Students/ Children)
- Training for students and educational teams (1 to 1 training & group training)
- Training for Schools/ Businesses/ Organizations, Large or Small PD Workshops
- Services for Vocational Rehabilitation Professionals & Clients
- Conferences and Workshops Nationally
- Live Interactive Webinars
- AT Summer Camps for Professionals & Students
- Follow-up Consultation, Maintenance, and Support On-Site and Via Web Conference
- We also work with Disability Service Providers to ensure Access and Compliance
- Access and Compliance in the Workplace
- Examples of Larger Workshops and PD Trainings include: Universal Design for Learning; Intro to Assistive Technology-Access to Education & Employment; Creating an AT Team in your School/ Organization; iPad Apps for Struggling Readers & Writers; Creating an Accessible Workplace; Voice Recognition Options-Free & Paid; LiveScribe Audio Recording Note-taking Pens; Screen Readers- Free & Paid Options; Refreshable Braille Display Training (in conjunction with ipad apps & Voiceover, or in conjunction with a laptop and screen reader); Free and Low Cost Assistive Technology Tools; How to Use Bookshare (Computer & iPad); Read and Write Gold Literacy Software; Access to AIM (Accessible Instructional Materials); iPad apps for Foundational Literacy (Pre-K and Kindergarten); iPad Apps for Blind and Low Vision Users; Chrome as AT- Free apps and extensions using Google Chrome; Apps for Education and Related Therapies (SLP/ OT); as well as Apps for Special Education including behavior management, communication (AAC) & intervention; iPad apps for STEM; Training for general use of the iPad and the Accessibility features (iPad 101). Implementing iPads in education and 1:1 initiatives are also provided (Realistic Implementation and Creating Content); Read and Write Gold Literacy Software or Read and Write for Chrome- Universal Design Technology to support all learners, K-12 and Post-Secondary; Universal Design in the Workplace; 503, 504, and 508 Compliance; Website Accessibility; Testing Accessibility.
- Live Hands-On Training/ PD, and live interactive webinars are provided nationally and internationally, and can be tailored to the specific needs of a school, business or organization. Live individual training can also be provided via distance learning/ meeting online. For upcoming training please see the Calendar.
- AT for Education also provides Support and Training for Transition to employment and use of Assistive Technology in the workplace, Community, or Home. Consultation and training are also provided to businesses to make the workplace accessible and meet 503 compliance, as well as 504 and 508 compliance.
Services for Individuals include Assistive Technology Consultation, Assessments, Recommendations, and Training , including access to Education, Transition to Post-secondary options, Employment, the Community and ADL’s (Activities of Daily Living). Hands-on training or Live webinars and distance training is available.
Services for Schools and Districts
In order to schedule an Assistive Technology evaluation/ assessment for a specific student, first the school, agency, individual, or organization needs to:
- Schedule an initial consultation meeting with a professional from AT for Education in person or via conference call. Contact Diana at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 603-998-4980
- The teachers, related therapists and parents or guardians must fill out our pre-assessment/ student information forms. (K-12 Only)
- Send AT for Education the student’s IEP and relevant test scores from other assessments (ie: neuropsych, vision, reading,OT/PT etc.). (K-12 Only)
- AT for Education will call the Case Manager, DSS coordinator or director, or Special Ed. Administrator to schedule the AT Assessment, as well as in-school observations and follow-up meetings, training, trials, data collection and support.
- AT for Education provides a thorough written report and will demonstrate all recommendations at a summary meeting, where members can specifically see how to implement/ trial the recommended AT. Ongoing support and training is provided.
Teachers, related therapists, case managers and the family are all invited to attend the meetings. Follow-up services are also available at the student’s school, home or at post-secondary institutions or places of employment.
Large or Small Group Professional Development Workshops/ Trainings are provided for schools, organizations, businesses, etc. Trainings are tailored to the specific needs and requests of the participants, and can be provided as a demonstration or hands-on training. Live Webinars and Distance Training is available and is interactive, as participants can follow along with the instruction provided and ask questions for clarification.
General Questions and Discussions via phone or email are provided at no charge. For specific service quotes contact Diana at email@example.com or call 603-998-4980.
To learn more about why having an AT Assessment is Important, visit this page.