A.T. for Education provides Assistive Technology & Accessibility Services for Students & Adults to access Education and Employment. (We also provide AT Assessments & Services for Adults, Seniors, and Veterans to Access Home, Community, ADL’s/Independent Living and the Workplace via Access4Employment). AT for Education provides: Assistive Technology & Accessibility
- Individual Comprehensive Assistive Technology Evaluations (AT & AAC)
- AT Training ( Individual and Group/PD-See PD Examples Below!)
- PreK-12 & Post-Secondary Services as well as Employment/ Workplace
- Demos, Trials & Loans of Various Assistive Technology Solutions
- Assessments/Evaluations for Individuals (Adults and Students/ Children)
- Training for student groups and educational teams (professionals or student groups such as Learning Skills Classes or Peer Tutors)
- Training for Schools/ Businesses/ Organizations/Families, Large or Small PD Workshops (Implementing AT in Education,Workplace, Community, Home). Productivity, Access, Independence, Efficiency.
- Services for Vocational Rehabilitation Professionals & Clients
- Services for Disability Coordinators,Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors, and HR
- Adaptive Assistance & Adaptive Equipment & Technology
- Conferences and Workshops Nationally
- Live Interactive Webinars
- AT Summer Camps for Professionals & Students
- Follow-up Consultation, Maintenance, and Support On-Site and Via Web Conference/ Remote Training
- We also work with HR/Business Managers to ensure Access and Compliance
- Examples of Larger Workshops and PD Trainings include:
- *Universal Design for Learning-Access for All using Assistive Technology
- *Intro to Assistive Technology
- *Creating an AT Team in your School/ Organization (Policy, Procedure, Implementation, Training)
- AT in the IEP, writing measurable goals (tracking progress & data)
- *iPad Apps for Struggling Readers & Writers (Literacy, Executive Function & Math Support & Access to Curriculum, textbooks and instructional materials)
- *Chrome Apps & Extensions for Education And Special Education-Support for All Students
- *Creating an Accessible Workstation; Computer Access & More
- iPad Apps for Buisness Productivity- All Business Types (scanning, payments, collaboration, mileage tracker, calendar and scheduling, email, presentations, and specific field apps-ie: Real estate/construction/administration).
- *Voice Recognition (Speech to Text)-Free & Paid Options
- *Screen Reader Training (JAWS, Window Eyes, NVDA, System Access, and More)
- *Magnification Options for Low Vision (hardware, software, apps, devices)
- *LiveScribe Audio Recording Note-Taking Pens vs Notetaking Apps
- * Read & Write Gold Literacy Software and/or Read and Write for Google/ Chrome.
- * Refreshable Braille Display Training (in conjunction with ipad apps & Voiceover, or in conjunction with a laptop and screen reader)
- * Free and Low Cost Assistive Technology Tools
- * How to Use Bookshare (Computer/laptop & iPad)
- *Access to AIM (Accessible Instructional Materials)
- *iPad apps for Foundational Literacy (Pre-K and Kindergarten)
- *iPad Apps for Blind and Low Vision Users (Magnification, OCR, CCTV, Navigation & More)!
- * Training for general use of the iPad and the Accessibility features (iPad 101)
- * 503, 504, and 508 Compliance; Website Accessibility; Accessibility Testing & Consultation.
- Live Hands-On Training/ PD, and live interactive webinars are provided nationally and internationally, and can be tailored to the specific needs of a school, business or organization. Live individual training can also be provided on site or via distance learning/ meeting online. For upcoming trainings please see the Calendar.
- AT for Education also provides Support and Training for Transition to Post-Secondary Education as well as Employment and use of Assistive Technology in the workplace, Community, or Home. Consultation and training are also provided to businesses to make the workplace accessible and meet 503 compliance, as well as 504 and 508 compliance.
Services for Individuals include Assistive Technology Consultation, Assessments, Recommendations, and Training , including access to Education, Transition to Post-secondary options, Employment, the Community and ADL’s (Activities of Daily Living). Hands-on training or Live webinars and distance training is available.
Services for Schools and Districts
In order to schedule an Assistive Technology evaluation/ assessment for a specific student, first the school, agency, individual, or organization needs to:
- Schedule an initial consultation meeting with a professional from AT for Education in person or via conference call. Contact Diana at email@example.com, or call 603-998-4980
- The teachers, related therapists and parents or guardians must fill out our pre-assessment/ student information forms. (K-12 Only)
- Upon acquiring a signed release, send AT for Education the student’s IEP and relevant test scores from other assessments (ie: neuropsych, vision, reading,OT/PT etc.). (K-12 Only)
- AT for Education will call the Case Manager, DSS coordinator or director, or Special Ed. Administrator to schedule the AT Assessment, as well as in-school observations and follow-up meetings, training, trials, data collection and support.
- AT for Education provides a thorough written report and will demonstrate all recommendations at a summary meeting, where members can specifically see how to implement/ trial the recommended AT. Ongoing support and training is provided.
Teachers, related therapists, case managers and the family are all invited to attend the meetings. Follow-up services are also available at the student’s school, home or at post-secondary institutions or places of employment.
Large or Small Group Professional Development Workshops/ Trainings are provided for schools, organizations, businesses, etc. Trainings are tailored to the specific needs and requests of the participants, and can be provided as a demonstration or hands-on training. Live Webinars and Distance Training is available and is interactive, as participants can follow along with the instruction provided and ask questions for clarification.
General Questions and Discussions via phone or email are provided at no charge. For specific service quotes contact Diana at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603-998-4980.
To learn more about why having an AT Assessment is Important, visit this page.